Frustrated with Housekeeping?
Here's Your House Cleaning Checklist
Daily Housekeeping & Cleaning
Quite simply, the easiest way to keep your home neat and presentable is to live by this rule: a place for everything,
and everything in its place. If you can train everyone in your home to do this, you'll have a neat and tidy home!
Nevertheless, here is a simple housekeeping checklist that you can refer to each day:
- Is the kitchen clean enough to allow a guest to sit down at the kitchen table and have tea?
- Are the bathrooms presentable?
- Are all floors, countertops and tabletops in the home clean and totally clutter free?
The above list may sound simple, but if you can keep this done, you've got a home that's always presentable for company and
a home that you can enjoy!
Kitchen Cleaning Tips
- One would never consider the kitchen clean without wiping down the counters. So why
not do the same for the floor? Keep old towels/cloths handy. Take one, dampen it, and wipe the floor up.
The cloth goes in the dirty clothes basket and the kitchen looks much better! Then you are done with
- Another floor remedy is a quick vacuum with Eureka's "The Boss" and a quick "Swiffer." This only takes about 5 minutes.
- As soon as the dishwasher finishes running, empty it! That way you can put dirty dishes directly into the dishwasher
and run it when it is full again. This prevents dirty dishes from piling up on the table or countertops.
General Cleaning Tips
- Make a cleaning schedule where you focus on only certain rooms on certain days of the week. Do 15 minutes of power
cleaning each day. Don't spend your whole life cleaning!
See my sample cleaning schedule here.
- A place for everything and everything in its place.